As a result of its high concentrations of Omega 6 (linoleic acid/LA) and Omega 3 (alpha-linolenic acid/LNA), also known as EFAs (Essential Fatty Acids), hemp oil is referred to as ‘Nature’s most perfectly balanced oil’ because it contains the optimal 3:1 ratio of Omega 6 to Omega 3 (alpha-linolenic acid/LNA).
It is estimated that around 80% of the oil obtained from hemp seeds is polyunsaturated (the healthy fats). Hemp oil is often considered to be the most unsaturated of all the oils.
Because our systems are unable to synthesise the essential fatty acids (EFAs) found in hemp oil, it is critical that we acquire them from external dietary sources. They are, as its name indicates, absolutely necessary – without them, life would be impossible to sustain. They are much more significant than any single mineral or vitamin combined.
As you may be aware, North Americans, in particular, have a substantial dietary shortage in Essential Fatty Acids, which is a problem in many parts of the world. When compared to organic natural plant fats and meals, a high diet of animal fats and processed foods is to blame for this shortage.
The good news is that it is entirely up to you whether or not you want to begin eating and exercising more regularly! And just getting here and reading this is a fantastic starting step!
In addition to the exact 3:1 ratio of these EFAs that was discussed at the beginning of this article, hemp oil includes considerable levels of three additional polyunsaturated fatty acids known as
- Gamma-linolic acid (GLA)
- Oleic acid
- Stearidonic acid
Inadequate levels (or even large-scale imbalances) of omega 3, omega 6, and its derivatives, known as postaglandins, have been linked to many of the common ailments that individuals encounter on a daily basis, according to scientific evidence.
More often than not, people who live a healthy lifestyle, ingesting the proper nutrients, and thus obtaining the proper balance of EFA’s, also appear much healthier (skin, nails, hair, and so on), and they are less prone to illness as a result of having a strong immune system, as evidenced by their lack of frequent illness.
However, even while following a healthy diet, some individuals may have nutritional deficiencies, such as deficiencies in certain nutrients, vitamins, minerals, and fatty acids. Functional enzyme systems, inhibitions in their metabolic pathways induced by immune system related, environmental or even genetic variables are all possible causes of hepatitis C virus infection.
Several large-scale clinical investigations have shown that a high dietary intake of these Essential Fatty Acids may often prevent (and in some instances even cure) the onset of certain disorders. In addition, since hemp oil is the greatest natural source of essential nutrients, it is considered to be a wonderful “health protector.”
Hemp oil also contains sufficient levels of the following nutrients:
- Vitamins like, Vitamin E, Carotene (Vitamin A precursor)
- Minerals like, sulfur, magnesium, calcium, chlorophyll
It does include trace levels of zinc and iron, however in lesser proportions.
Hemp Oil Uses
The Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA) for hemp oil is roughly 15-30ml, which is equal to approximately 1-2 teaspoons of the oil. Your body will get around 800-1600mg Omega 6 (linolei/LA) and 300-600mg Omega 3 (alpha-linolenic/LNA) as a result of taking this supplement.
When heating hemp oil, we suggest that you do not heat it beyond 150 degrees Celsius, since natural highly unsaturated (good) plant oils such as hemp oil are denatured when exposed to high temperatures. Hemp oil should not be used for frying or cooking, but since it has a wonderful nutty flavour, it is excellent for improving the flavour of many recipes, smoothies, salads, and other dishes.
What To Read Next?
✅ Trending Now
- Cannabis-infused Oils And Lotions: What Is Cannabis Massage?
- Summer Salad And Shelled Hemp Seeds For Weight Loss & Relaxing Picnic With Friends
- Hemp Seed Cake Recipe For Healthy Breakfast & Brunch (Ultra Fast + Easy!)
- Protein Cocktail – Kiwi + Banana + Spinach + Hemp Protein + Shelled Hemp Seeds
- Salad With Roasted Pumpkin And Hemp Seeds
- Eating Hemp Seeds Changed My Life: 8 Ways To Add Cannabis Seeds To Your Diet
- Hemp Seed Zucchini Pasta Recipe For Easy Vegetarian Lunch
- 7 Benefits Of Omega 3, 6, 9 Fatty Acids In Hemp Oil
- 6 Main Benefits Of Adding Hemp Seeds To Your Everyday Diet
- 8 Benefits Why You Should Start Using Hemp Oil
- Hemp Tea For Weight Loss & Better Immunity
- Hemp Oil
- Hemp Protein
- Hemp Protein vs Whey Protein
✅ Hemp Products For Personal Use
✅ Hemp Products For Industrial Use
- The Upcoming Hemp Revolution
- Hemp 101: Information about Hemp for Nutrition and Industrial Purposes
- Why Hemp & Cannabis Growers Need Solar Power For Grow Room?
✅ Hemp Product Recipes